GET INVOLVED

You Can Make A Difference!

We know that there is enormous interest in visiting Lynnewood Hall. Currently, we are not able to offer tours to the public. Until that becomes possible, here are other ways to stay connected and support the efforts.

• Share Our Website with your social media networks and tell your friends.
  • Donate to Our Fundraising Campaign. Every dollar helps us preserve Lynnewood Hall.
  • Sign Up for Our Mailing List. We’ll share news updates and keep you informed about opportunities for volunteering or visiting as they become available.
  • Contact Us to ask questions. Please understand we can’t offer public tours, photo shoots, etcetera.
  • Add Your Comments below on why preserving and reopening the mansion and grounds matter to you. We’ll use these comments to show political officials, grantors and foundation funders, and potential supporters that there’s a strong passion for Lynnewood Hall from a diverse group of enthusiasts.

Tell us why preserving Lynnewood Hall is important to you.

What do you think the future use of the site and buildings should be?

We want to hear what inspires you about Lynnewood Hall.

Please note that comments here may be used in promotional materials.

Notify of
17 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Angie V
5 months ago

Lynnewood Hall is a work of art that needs to be preserved for future generations to appreciate! I believe this legacy project will find the engagement and interest to make this possible!

Emma Myer
4 months ago

Lynnewood Hall is an imperative work of art, piece of history, and celebration of life’s beauty. This project is serving as a savior to the property, and cannot be appreciated enough.

B. Riggs
4 months ago

As a collector of architectural salvage, I know firsthand the craftsmanship that went into creating these extraordinary homes during the Gilded Age. This level of craftsmanship no longer exists in America in the 21st century. Never again will anyone create something as grand and it is for this reason as well as it’s incredible historical significance that it should be preserved for the future. Have we not learned anything from the destruction of Penn Station and Whitemarsh Hall?

Tallini Kathleen
4 months ago

Such an important part of our shared Pennsylvania and American history.

4 months ago

As a historic home owner from the Gilded Age, these homes are not only our past, but our heritage. As these stately homes have mostly fallen out of fashion, they become subject to a lack of people who can honesty afford them BUT I am truly sickened by story after story of their demolition.
Image a world in which we come together and preserve our past structures like Britain has the National Trust!
Image a world that instead of luxury yachts, billionaires worked to preserve our history for future generation!
As an avid preservationist, I urge all interested to work and collectively support these efforts to preserve our past. Do we truly need more track houses? Honestly?

I urge anyone and everyone to donate to help save this amazing hall from its fate if we do not save it. As a part of our history, we will never recreate these spaces and places.

Let’s band together to save this historic piece of architecture I am begging!

Jack Nelson
4 months ago
Reply to  Mike Hebert

I agree, we need a patriotic billionaire to give back to the country that gave them so much opportunity.
I have an old building in Maine I am restoring, I just wish I had the money to pull this restoration off.
It will be similar to Wentworth Woodhouse in England.

Mer Wright
4 months ago

Lynnewood Hall is one of the most important estates in all of America. It has always truly inspired me, and believe it or not helps me make it through every day, knowing that someday I might get to behold it in all of it’s glory and granduer. It would mean the absolute world to me for someone to restore it to it’s original state!
I recently saw a video on YouTube of a man decorating the Hall’s front gate for her birthday. This represented to me the fact that we as American Citizens want to love Lynnewood Hall, and care for her. Though how can we do this if she ceases to exist in the distant future?

Thank you LHPF for all of the work and time you have put into preserving this extraordinary piece of history!

Screenshot_20220712-213557_kindlephoto-176081329.png
4 months ago

I attended Tyler School of Art in the mid-1990s which was then right down the street from Lynnewood Hall. When I first laid eyes upon the mansion, I was blown away by its size, beauty, and decay. Since then, I have become very interested in the gilded age and the mansions of that era. It has been my dream for nearly 30 years to see Lynnewood Hall restored to its former glory.

Ashley Smith
4 months ago

Preserving Lynnewood Hall is important to me because I think of what kind of individuals the Weideners were. Conservation was their watchword, as was sharing the beauty of this home with others. It has been neglected and shut away from the world for far too long.

4 months ago

We need to preserve this American gem. It is a living piece of this country’s history and building at its finest. The world needs to see this place.
I truly believe in this project!!!! Let’s make it possible.

Jack Nelson
4 months ago

Finally there is some legitimate hope for this amazing structure. I’ve have watched the numerous videos many times that individuals post, when they sneak into the building to film.
The video shot by the Bros of Decay recently was amazing, I finally got to see the interior in its entirety.
This future restoration will be on a similar scale of the successful one taking place at Wentworth Woodhouse in England.
Maybe the Lynwood team could reach out to the Wentworth team and get some additional ideas.
This building has to be saved, it is such an important part of American history.
When I traveled to Philadelphia for work,
I stopped by and walked around the building for hours, videos and pictures don’t do it justice, it was hard to leave.

3 months ago

It is important for humanity to be aware of the power of imagination and its role in igniting that spark of divinity in us that is the impetus for all human development. Lynnewood Hall is a symbol of the divinely inspired human imagination. Visitors will be challenged to elevate their thinking and to evolve their souls.

3 months ago

one good reason to continue to preserve the maintenance of lynewood hall it’s one of the biggest mansions in the united States.also because of this it’s within Philadelphia and you should want to continue to apply all the good maintenance to something that historical from here within Philadelphia.

3 months ago

I think lynewood hall is one of the biggest homes in Philadelphia.and that is a big reason and the good reason to apply all the glow and maintenance to preserve this building.

2 months ago

I have been going to Lynewood hall everday for awhile to just be fascinated by the man who owned a mansion to hold in late 1800s to follow time up into the present day.& now i believe you can see & imagine things yourself from ever year on that building since it was built.& that’s powering history in Philadelphia.

2 months ago

This building represents a Golden age of America and it’s history
It is so important to preserve this great building and it’s history as I am from the U K born in London I know how important history is shown through great houses you must save what you have
Vicki

2 months ago

PLEASE SAVE THIS TREASURE!

Stay Informed!

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!